Sponsored post brought to you by Mercedes Benz
Worldwide and in our region, the new Atego trucks from Mercedes-Benz are guided by three primary principles – Value, Dedication & Efficiency – that will enable you to extract the most from your daily operations.
The new Atego is a winner on all fronts. Because it embodies the outstanding attributes of its predecessor and achieves the feat of further improving on these strengths.
A newly designed, even more ergonomic driver’s workplace offering yet more comfort ensures that you’re all set for light distribution operations.
The new Atego introduces an array of technical measures designed to keep distribution transport operations particularly economical.
High quality, outstanding reliability and durability. A wealth of new features and technical measures additionally endow the new Atego with a standard of efficiency and practicality that make an equally fine impression in daily operation and in your accounts. The further enhanced body-mounting ability and the increased environmental compatibility are additional merits that underscore the value of the new Atego and make it the vehicle of choice for light and some medium distribution work.
Value and quality is manifested in the new, cutting-edge and particularly fuel-efficient 4- and 6-cylinder in-line engines. The Mercedes PowerShift 3 automated gearshift system and effortless handling are features that set the new Atego apart. The new interior design concept also highlights the vehicle’s enhanced value. As illustrated by the newly designed, ergonomic driver’s workplace, for example, which comes in three different cockpit variants. Features such as the optional leather steering wheel and the optionally available comfort suspension seat add a defining finishing touch. The new Atego provides you with a truck that ticks all the boxes in light distribution operations.
Apart from lending the Atego a striking, distinctive appearance, the newly designed cabs come up trumps on the inside, too. To enable the Atego to be tailored more specifically to the particular type of work involved, it is available with three different cockpit variants which provide for a high standard of driving comfort and ergonomic quality in conjunction with the new instrument cluster, the new multifunction steering wheel and the comfortable seats. All the controls and stowage facilities are positioned for maximum convenience and enable simple handling inside the vehicle.
The many new operational strengths of the Atego also become immediately apparent as soon as the vehicle is set in motion. Highlights here include the new steering, the newly developed rear axle guide, the Mercedes Telligent Automated gearshift system and the uprated, yet more fuel-efficient 4- and 6-cylinder in-line engines.
Mindful that distribution transport operations involve many different types of applications for vehicles, the new Atego also offers a level of body-mounting ability designed to cover virtually any need. All in all, this means that with the new Atego you are better prepared for daily operations in distribution transportation than ever before. Consequently SOL Petroleum and SOL Aviation, have deployed the Atego 1623 and 712 models respectively in road fuels and airport fuelling operations.
For even more efficient transport operations in the building materials and distribution industries, Mercedes-Benz have provided the Atego with a wealth of technical innovations, all centering on the common aim of reduced fuel consumption. This fuel economy is attributable first and foremost to the new 4- and 6-cylinder in-line engines. The high-pressure injection system based on common rail technology and operating at an injection pressure of up to 2400 bar provides for particularly efficient combustion, for example.
The new Atego highlights:
- Four different cabs tailored specifically to operational needs
- New interior design with ergonomic workplace
- Three cockpit variants tailored to different types of deployment
- Mercedes Telligent Automated gearshift system for better handling.
The Telligent automated gearshift is an electronic gearshift system for a Mercedes-Benz 6-speed gearbox. The gearbox is combined with an electric motor-controlled clutch actuator and an electronic control. These components mean that the gearbox shifts automatically, and the driver simply selects the starting gear and does not have to either operate the clutch or shift gears.
Telligent Automated gearshift system image
- New, clearly legible instrument cluster with 10.4 cm TFT colour display and ergonomically positioned controls and stowage facilities
- Various radios and multimedia interface optionally available
- High seating comfort, optional comfort suspension seat
- More fuel-efficient, reliable 4- and 6-cylinder in-line engines with high torque at low engine speeds
- Various displacement classes, seven power variants
- Mercedes automated gearshift with economy driving programme plus manually selectable driving modes and auxiliary functions
- Choice of 6-, 8- and 9-speed transmissions for drive systems geared specifically to the intended area of deployment
Driving comfort, body-mounting ability.
- Superior ride comfort, enhanced body-mounting ability and more efficient handling
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) as standard
- New 4-point cab suspension as standard
- New, enhanced rear axle guide as standard*
- Improved connection facilities and optimised body integration
* For 10.5 t and 12 t with low frame as well as for all Ategos with steel suspension.
- Efficient diesel engines
- High-pressure injection at up to 2400 bar
- Powertrain configurations designed to optimise fuel consumption
- Optimised aerodynamics for reduced drag
- Repair- and maintenance-friendly design
- Right from the outset geared towards low maintenance and repair costs
- Low costs through the extended operating life of many components and parts