Mandela, who led South Africa's transition from white-minority rule in the 1990s, after 27 years in prison, had been receiving intense home-based medical care for a lung infection after three months in hospital.
The 24-year-old Bravo, who batted for more than nine hours punched the air in delight after reaching 200 and was embraced by Captain Darren Sammy as he became the 26th West Indian to pass the milestone.
Barbados News | Jamaica News | Trinidad and Tobago News | Guyana News | Antigua News | St Lucia News | Venezuela News | Dominica News | St Vincent News | Grenada News | Haiti News | Belize News | Cuba News | Dominican Republic News | Bahamas News | Bermuda News | Cayman Islands News | St Kitts and Nevis News | Aruba News | Puerto Rico News | Martinique News | Guadeloupe News | British Virgin Islands News | US Virgin Islands News | St Martin News | Anguilla News | Montserrat News | Curacao News | Turks and Caicos News | Video Pick
A team of international scientists has identified a key metabolic enzyme that common malaria parasites need to survive at each stage of infection in humans.
- US announces support for a Caribbean energy market
- Former Commonwealth Secretary-General pays tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Rihanna trails behind Beyoncé in the most searched celebrities list
- Urgent health warning for users of synthetic drug “Marley”
- Jamaica’s Tessanne Chin powers into The Voice top five
- Fast and the Furious franchise pays tribute to Paul Walker in emotional video
Jamaica has launched its first medical marijuana company with prominent researcher Professor Henry Lowe urging the authorities to take full advantage of the drug’s medicinal components for commercial purposes.
- Grenada union upset over worker dismissals
- Government to hold special retreat to discuss Jamaica economy
- Barbados prime minister denies dismissing public workers
- Dominica signs US$300 million cooperation agreement with China
- Jamaica takes steps to tighten anti-money laundering measures
- CARICOM wants 'early resolution' to CFATF blacklist of Guyana
A top ten list of hypocritical US statements on India’s food security program.
- Lowering the heat on CARICOM travel and trade
- Stop the rot between Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago
- The Dominican Republic has crossed the line: Caribbean governments must act
- Addressing the Caribbean’s “grave economic crisis”
- Leaders in self-denial as Caribbean economic crisis worsens
- Leadership in Barbados - The missing ingredient
The Toussaint Louverture International Airport will be served once daily from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and twice daily from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL).
- Antigua, Sandals ink hotel agreement as Butch Stewart calls for end to high taxes
- Liat aims for hassle free Caribbean travel during the Christmas season
- Jamaica, Singapore sign air services agreement
- JetBlue launches Caribbean service from Chicago
- Luxury Caribbean resort supports evenings of excellence seminars
- 'Important signs' St Lucia tourism on the rebound - Anthony
Paris Hilton's Brother Barron -- I'm Gonna SUE Lindsay Lohan ... For Masterminding My Bloody Beat Downexclusive Paris Hilton's brother Barron is about to take Lindsay Lohan to her favorite place -- no, not the Chateau Marmont -- he's planning to take her
- Kanye West -- I DON'T HATE DRAKE ... Even Though I Hate Nike
- Tom Brady & Gisele Bundchen -- Building Mega-Mansion from Scratch ... 100 Workers On Site Per Day [Photos]
- Charlie Sheen -- Ex-Porn Star GF Brett Rossi Is the Love of My Life
- Rick Dees -- I've Been Burglareezed ... Thief Stole $100K of Jewelry
- Mike Tyson -- Good Genes or Good Docs?
- '127 Hours' Real Life Amputee -- Arrested on Suspicion of Domestic Violence