HAMILTON, Bermuda, Wednesday July 15, 2015 – One of the world’s largest full-service online travel sites has not only identified 10 hotels in the Caribbean as among the best-reviewed hotels, but has given one of them the number one spot worldwide.
Expedia has put Royal Palms Hotel in Bermuda at the top of its Insiders’ Select 2015 of 650 hotels worldwide.
Other Caribbean properties – in Belize, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, and the Turks and Caicos Islands – also featured on the list, with Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro in the Dominican Republic and La Terraza de San Juan in Puerto Rico featuring among the top 50.
The full list, which represents a ranking of the world’s best-reviewed hotels, reflecting direct customer feedback on Expedia group sites, included the following Caribbean hotels:
• Royal Palms Hotel, Bermuda (# 1)
• Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, Dominican Republic (#24)
• La Terraza de San Juan, Puerto Rico (# 47)
• Hyatt Regency Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago (# 175)
• West Bay Club, Turks and Caicos Islands (# 195)
• Hyatt Place Manati, Puerto Rico (# 300)
• The Spanish Court Hotel, Jamaica (# 323)
• Coco Beach Resort, Belize (# 397)
• The Regent Palms, Turks and Caicos Islands (# 512)
• Seven Stars Resort, Turks and Caicos Islands (# 535)
The winning hotels were identified as those that consistently deliver value, in the form of competitive pricing, pristine amenities and superior customer service, and by maintaining a minimum guest review score of 4.7 out of 5.
“The simple fact is, every traveler is looking for value out of their hotel experience,” said John Morrey, Vice President and General Manager, the Expedia group.
“Value can be defined in many ways by different people. But when you aggregate that feedback, you come away with a list of hotels that simply do it right, day in and day out. For Expedia, when we share a summary of real reviews penned by real hotel customers, we are giving travelers the data they need to make booking decisions.”
The 2015 class of Insiders’ Select hotels reflects more than two million customer verified reviews.