CAUGHT! Last Two of Eight T&T Prison Escapees Back Behind Bars

Michael Findley (left) and Olatunji Denbow were captured over the weekend.

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Monday May 27, 2019 – After ten days on the run, the last two of the eight inmates who broke out of the Golden Grove Remand Yard Prison are back in custody.

Olatunji Denbow and Michael Findley were found at a home in South Oropouche on Saturday evening, according to a statement from the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS).

“Acting on information, the Special Operations Response Team, members of the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force and other security agencies went to the house where the men were hiding and arrested both escapees,” it said. “The arrest was incident free.”

Denbow and Findley, both on remand for a double murder, had escaped from prison on May 15th with six other men. The others were captured within 24 hours of the prison break, but Denbow and Findley continued to elude lawmen.

They had even published a video, which went viral on social media, in which they claimed they were being framed for murder.

The duo is accused of killing Andre La Touche and Abiola Noel at their Laventille home in February 2016.

“Let we have we day in court, sooner than later nah, please….We not armed, we not dangerous. We do not intend to be dangerous. We don’t intend to be a danger to society, no how. We ready and willing to hand in weself. We just want fairness. As soon as allyuh ready for real justice,” Denbow had said.

But Police Commissioner Gary Griffith has made it clear it was for the justice system to decide on their guilt or innocence and police would continue to actively search for them until they were recaptured.

The six escapees who were previously captured were: Mikhail Mohammed, Atiba Sealy, Kerry Valentino, Joshua Janet, Brent Johnson and Stefon Austin.

Click here to receive news via email from Caribbean360. (View sample)