Trinidad hunger striker Kublalsingh appears in court

More share buttons
Share with your friends










Submit
Share on Pinterest
Wayne-Kublalsingh

Environmentalist Dr. Wayne Kublalsingh

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad, Friday November 28, 2014, CMC – Environmentalist Dr. Wayne Kublalsingh will return to court on March 27 next year to answer several charges of obstruction, assault, and resisting arrest.

Kublalsingh, who is into the 73rd day of an indefinite strike to force the government to re-think its position on the Debe to Mon Desir segment of the TT$6.5 billion Point Fortin Highway, south of here, had been charged following an incident at the Mon Desir interchange in September 2013.

The former University of the West Indies (UWI) lecturer came to the Siparia Magistrates’ Court, south of here, in a wheelchair, accompanied by two members of the Highway Re Route Movement (HRM).

Magistrate Ejenny Espinet adjourned the matter to March 27, 2015.

As he left the court, Kublalsingh told reporters that he was in good spirits even as he felt his body “relenting”.

Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissesaar has so far request to accept a request from the environmentalist and the HRM for talks on re-routing the segment of the highway that they said could seriously damage the environment in the area.

Click here to receive free news bulletins via email from Caribbean360. (View sample)

More share buttons
Share with your friends










Submit
  • To the person who wrote this: I think is “refused to accept”, not “request to accept”. And allyuh want people to pay $3+ monthly to read allyuh articles and it have ah set ah typos and incorrect grammar!?! Look na! Steupessssss!