SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico, Wednesday August 31, 2016 – From its stunning natural backdrops to its ideal climate and elegant venues, the Caribbean has been a popular wedding destination for decades. From Antigua to Jamaica, Turks and Caicos to Puerto Rico – the options are endless. Lucky for you, we’ve compiled this helpful checklist to make the process of planning your Caribbean wedding that much smoother!
365 Days until the Wedding
- Determine your budget. This will help you choose every other aspect of your wedding, including which destination or resort you’ll choose.
- Plan your guest list. This is a key factor when considering your wedding venue.
- Choose a wedding venue. Do you want an intimate wedding on the beach, or a fairytale celebration in a grand ballroom?
- Set a date. Check with your desired resort or venue to make sure it is available.
11 Months to Go
- Make a preliminary visit to your wedding destination in person and to meet with the wedding specialist to discuss details.
- Review the marriage requirements for your destination. For example, in Puerto Rico you don’t need to be a resident, but there are several documents you must have (e.g. medical certificate for both parties, photo identification, birth certificates, notarized affidavit declaring your intent to get married, etc.).
- Send out save-the-date cards. Your guests need ample time to make travel arrangements for your destination wedding.
9 Months to Go
- Begin gathering the legal documents you need for your destination wedding.
- Reserve your airline tickets and hotel accommodations*. *Many Caribbean resorts offer all-inclusive wedding packages.
6 Months to Go
- Complete your wedding registry and book any tours or excursions you want to complete during your stay.
- Make the final decisions regarding the formality, colors and style of your wedding.
- Choose your wedding gown and wedding party attire.
- Meet with your wedding planner to finalize the wedding cake, decorations and flower selections.
4 Months to Go
- Send out wedding invitations to ensure your guests have enough time to make arrangements.
- Purchase gifts for your wedding party.
3 Months to Go
- Finalize the headcount and discuss a seating chart with your wedding specialist.
- Discuss every detail with your wedding planner, including the outside vendors that will be assisting (if applicable).
- If your resort/hotel offers spa services, make reservations for yourself and your bridal party for some pre-wedding pampering.
1 Month to Go
- Settle any unpaid statements and double check all details with your wedding specialist and vendors.
- Confirm accommodations for yourself and guests.
- Begin packing for your wedding.
1 Week to Go
- Arrive at your destination & get settled in.
- Meet with your wedding planner to go over everything one last time.
- Ensure all of the proper paperwork is obtained.
2 Days to Go
- Pamper yourself at the spa so you can unwind and relax before your big day.
1 Day to Go
- Complete the wedding rehearsal with your wedding specialist.
- Enjoy your rehearsal dinner with friends & family.
- Get to bed early.
On Your Wedding Day
- Relax and enjoy every minute of your day, making memories to last a lifetime!
About Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
The Condado Vanderbilt Hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico offers romantic, picture-perfect wedding venues and locations that recall the indescribable sheen of grandeur. From Intimate receptions of 20 guests to Grand affairs that can accommodate 600 guests. To learn more about the destination wedding packages & venues offered at the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, visit http://sanjuandestinationweddings.com/.